December is already here and believe it or not that it is the best time during the year to inspect the garage door. While the New Year is right around the corner and December is the busiest month of the year with the holidays, visually inspecting the overhead door can help you repair issues as soon as possible before the New Year.
Most of the people store their decoration items in the garage. If you are one of them, when you get these items down, take a look at the door opener, spring and other moving parts. If you notice any kind of issue, give a call to a garage door repair professional in Vaughan. Maintaining the overhead door is essential year round, but it can be very easy to forget when your everyday routine gets hectic. That is it the right time to repair your door.
- Torsion springs: Torsion springs are the most important part of the overhead door. Springs allow the door to open and close and it works under a lot of pressure. Repairing broken springs is not a DIY job. It requires the help of a professional. If you do not fix the problem properly, you can seriously injure yourself.
- Cables: Like torsion springs, cables are also an important part of the door. These are attached to the springs. Once the cables are broken, the door becomes non-functional. Cables hold the weight of the door when it moves upward and downward. When cable breaks, it needs to be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Weather seal: The weather seal situated at the bottom of the door and help to keep outside air, insects and pest out of the garage. Just like other parts of the door, the weather seal can start to wear. When you notice wear weatherstripping, hire a professional to repair it. If you leave it untreated, water can come into the garage and the possibility of pests, animals crawling underneath in search of shelter increases.
- Add insulation: If you have an attached garage, you need an insulated garage door. It is a great way to keep your garage warm in the winter season and cooler in the warm season. Another reason to install an insulated door is that it will help you to keep the cost of utility bills down.
- Routine maintenance: A maintenance on a regular basis will help you save on several garage door repair services. It includes several small services like clean, and lubricate the door. These are very small jobs that you can perform very easily on weekends.
Give utter care to your garage door and give a new look to it in this New Year. A few small jobs you can perform on your own. For some of the difficult tasks like spring and cable replacement, you can make a call to Omega Garage Doors in Vaughan.